Over the years, our business has evolved into more than just a restaurant. It’s a place to build community, a comfortable gathering spot where friends and family can catch up over a great meal as well as celebrate birthdays, retirements, new motherhood, marriages and other life events. We appreciate the value of this community and are grateful for its continued support.
The great farmers in our state are the foundational strength of our foodie community. We owe a huge chunk of our success to their hard work! They provide us with the freshest and tastiest ingredients, making us shine and our food unforgettable.
Some of the farms we work with:
- Open Door Farm, Orange County
- Latta’s Egg Ranch, Hillsborough
- Maple View Farm, Hillsborough
- Chapel Hill Creamery, Chapel Hill
- Holly Grove Farms, Mount Olive
- Ashe County Cheese, West Jefferson
- Sunset Farms, Snow Camp
- Lyon Farms, Creedmoor
- Peregrine Farm, Alamance County
- Zach’s Fresh Produce, Snow Camp
- Elysian Fields Farm, Cedar Grove
- McAdams Farm, Efland
- Sunny Slopes Farm, Asheboro
- Funny Girl Farm, Durham
- Bluebird Meadows, Bushy Fork
- Locals Seafood, Raleigh
Good Food and Good Deeds!
We believe good food and good deeds go together. That’s why we’re committed to giving back to our community, including to our local schools and other organizations working hard to help those in need. Restaurant owners Sera Cuni and Susan White are especially interested in supporting groups that work to end hunger and those that advocate for equal rights and serve the LGBT community. However, The Root Cellar regularly contributes to and works with other local nonprofit organizations in the area.