The Root Cellar Cafe & Catering and TABLE are partnering to raise funds for local childhood hunger relief with Cellar to Table, a farm-to-table dinner and silent auction on Friday, August 28th.
Enjoy a four-course, Southern picnic themed Farm Dinner featuring Root Cellar twists on Southern classics, such as bourbon molasses Seven Springs pulled pork with slaw, pimento cheese and country ham herb cheddar mini biscuits, and a deep South seven-layer salad with a “zero-mile” Root Cellar garden herb dressing.
Take part in the Cellar to Table silent auction for the chance to win a variety of incredible items and unique experiences donated by Triangle-area businesses and artisans, including:
- Fine art by Eleatta Diver, Matt Tomko, Andrea Linn, Ali K Woodworks, Joan Vandermeer, and other area artists
- Framed photography by Lisa Albert
- Gift certificates to restaurants, breweries, and retail shops, including Loco Pops, Tru Deli, Oakleaf Restaurant, French Connection, Sophia’s Boutique, The Pig, The Bagel Bar, Flyleaf Books, Kitchen, The Root Cellar, Lucha Tigre, Al’s Burger Shack, Small B&B, Mark Hewitt Pottery, and more
- Quilt made by Denise Dews
- Basketball signed by the UNC Men’s Basketball team
- Private group tour of the Carolina Tiger Rescue, tickets to the Sarah P. Duke Gardens, free golf fees at Finley Golf Course, tickets to Abundance NC’s Pepper Festival, and other unique experiences
- Tickets to see veteran soul singer Bettye LaVette perform at Duke
- Local gift baskets
…and much more!
All proceeds go to TABLE, a local nonprofit that provides healthy emergency food aid every week to hungry children ages 3 to 14 in Chapel Hill and Carrboro. TABLE currently serves about 350 kids weekly, but your support can help them to assist many more in need.