Our market celebrates all the little things we love about specialty foods, such as hand-crafted melt-in-your-mouth chocolates; pickles to make you pucker; and chutneys even your grandmother would be proud to call her own. In fact, we’re pretty sure we have everything you need to please the finicky foodie in your life.
Our specialty food items include:
- Dill and bread and butter pickles
- Spice rubs
- Marmalades and jams
- Artisanal chutneys, aiolis, and relishes
- Gourmet mustards and marinades
- Blue Crab Bay Seasonings/Chopped clams
- Virginia Peanuts and flavored nuts
- Stonewall Kitchen sauces, drink mixes, jams, ketchups, etc.
- Pancake syrups and mixes
- Dry pastas
- Locally ground grits
Made in North Carolina and Sold Right Here!
- Foster’s Market 7-Pepper Jelly
- Big Spoon Roasters peanut and almond butters
- Tarheel Toffee
- French Broad Chocolates
- Videri Chocolates
- Escazu Artisan Chocolates
- Carolina Grits
- The Phantom Baker bars
- Salem Baking Co. Moravian Cookies
- Señora Dixie Salsa
- Cloister Honey
We’re not snobby about our wines! After all, we sell more than 300 varieties, including options under $10!
We just prefer to promote small family-owned wineries, especially vineyards that treat their employees well and support sustainable growing practices. Root Cellar owner Sera Cuni is happy to help you with a selection. Can’t wait until you get home to taste it? Pick any bottle from our shelf and enjoy! We never charge a corkage fee.
We’re blessed to live in a state with nearly 100 and counting breweries and brewpubs. We’re honored to support some of the best-crafted beers North Carolina has to offer. So the next time you’re thirsting for a pale ale, IPA, lager or stout, stop by The Root Cellar and grab a cold one brewed right here in our state!
Among the local breweries we buy from:
- Carolina Brewery, Chapel Hill
- Carolina Brewing Co., Holly Springs
- Blowing Rock Brewing, Blowing Rock
- Fullsteam Brewery, Durham
- Triangle Brewing Co., Durham
- Mystery Brewing Co., Hillsborough
- Duck Rabbit Craft Brewery, Farmville
- Natty Greene’s Pub & Brewing Co., Greensboro/Raleigh
- Foothills Brewing, Winston-Salem
- Beer Army Combat Brewery, Trenton
- Railhouse Brewery, Aberdeen